Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thoughtful Food

Dear Reader,

Today at lunch I enacted my usual dithering routine of what to order before the waiter lost his patience with me. My dining companion simply pointed to another diner's plate and said "one of those". The look and order stance is one that I am incapable of executing on a regular basis.

I pored over the menu and debated the merit of each choice, my feelings and overall disposition towards the world. After momentous effort, I choose the vermicelli rice noodles with beef. Although, the pho looked longingly at me throughout the meal with many come hither glances through its steaming hot visage.

How do you order your meal at a restaurant where you have never dined before? Do you do side by side minute comparisons of ingredients, poll the others as to their choices or just randomly choose one with eyes wide shut?

No comments: