Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Silly romantic

Dear Reader,

I have been in a silly flirtatious mood indulging in flights of fancy. However, I will still maintain control over all the delightful emotions and excitement. Susan Hayward's performance in "My Foolish Heart" was a grand and over the top bravura fueled by alcohol and melodrama:

"The night is like a lovely tune, beware my foolish heart!
How white the ever constant moon, take care, my foolish heart!
There's a line between love and fascination,
That's hard to see on an evening such as this,
For they give the very same sensation.
When you are lost in the passion of a kiss.
Your lips are much too close to mine, beware my foolish heart!
But should our eager lips combine, then let the fire start.
For this time it isn't fascination, or a dream that will fade and fall apart,
It's love this time, it's love, my foolish heart!"

"Love letters straight from your heart
Keep us so near while apart
I'm not alone in the night
When I can have all the love you write

I memorize ev'ry line
I kiss the name that you sign
And darlin, then I read again right from the start
Love letters straight from your heart"

Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotten were Cyrano lovers connected by letters and mistaken identity. Reader, every woman deserves at least one fabulous romance even if it only enacted on celluloid.

No comments: