I am enraptured by Roger Livesey. He is my new gold standard for comparing the men in my life. Spent a wonderful 90 minutes engaged by a charming performance by Roger Livesey in " I Know Where I Am Going", a fairytale film by Powell & Pressburger.
Hands down, this film encapsulates all that was right about English film making during the 1940's. Small intimate portraits of the people and the period, a wonderful gem overall.
Wendy Hiller gives a strong performance as a modern driven woman whose focused efforts has brought her life's dream: a millionaire.
I won't spoil the plot of the movie for you, dear reader. Keep in mind, an impoverished Scottish Laird is a formidable match for any man, woman or whirlpool.
The key feature of interest for this writer is Roger's voice. His sweet tones and almost foggy rhythms will comfort and coddle you to a blissful state of security. Any man who wear his kilt without any hint of distress is a man beyond most men.
Roger may not be the most conventionally attractive star however his clear eyes and distinctive voice place him above mere beefcake.

No comments:
Post a Comment