
How do I do it? Why are all sharp edges of furniture magically attracted to me? Yet again, another semi-disabling accident has occurred in the office. Managed to rip a large hole in one of my favorite suit pants and in me. Haven't fallen out of my chair this week so far yet. My fingers are still crossed on that wish. Thankfully, a well stocked first aid kit may keep me from developing gangrene this time.
Today has all the makings of a "Terrible, Horrible, No Good , Very Bad Day " for me. In honor of such a awful mindset, this is a grumbling posting about irking matters:
1. Interviews with an incredibly shy people for a SALES job. Why is a person afraid of opening the mouth interviewing for a sales position? Is there a complete lack of understanding that selling products/services are done by speaking to customers?
2. An actress that will not be named--- her very name inspires shudders to all true film connoisseurs. She was in a movie about one the world's most beloved authors, Jane Austen, and tries mightily to tarnish her legacy with her sad inept efforts. Thankfully, that movie sank out of theaters quickly. Public opinion can be intelligent on some occasions.
3. Public Services Announcements. Just because someone is on a TV show or in moderately popular movie does not mean I need to hear them espouse morals and advice they themselves would never follow.
4. Any pseudo actress with the first name of Jessica. Alba, Biel, Simpson, Lange and you catch my drift. I think all the actors' guilds should burn and decline any application from any woman that wants her first name known as Jessica. It would save the world from many a bad tasteless movie.

5. AFI lists for the top 100 films. I hate them. First, AFI honors more films made in the last 20 years that should be shot quickly into obscurity. Secondly, the shocking lack of the older masters of foreign and older Hollywood cinema. What I really despise, anything made by Steven Spielberg. A more pompous, self-congratulating director I doubt you will find. He reminds me of a modern Frank Capra without heart.
Tonight will be devoted to repairing me and my slacks with liberal scoops of B&J. For the rest you, rant on!

No comments:
Post a Comment