Monday, October 29, 2007

Crisp Fall Days

Dear Reader,
Today felt like the red heart of autumn as I ventured out of my home fully armed with jacket, scarf, hat and gloves. I was the fall warrior prepared for the biting frost and nips of cold. This was a day meant for chicken soup and rice.

Ahh! To be at home bundled under the covers next to a roaring fire served a bowl of homemade chicken soup. I would happily exchange places now to be in front of the crackling fire instead of the ominous glow of the desktop at work.

Do you have a favorite dish that serves comfort for you? Maybe the blue box of kraft mac and cheese tickles your inner child? Perhaps one dish isn't enough and you need a whole meal?

For me, I need a complete meal. First, I would have fresh mozzarella served with tomatoes lovingly sprinkled with olive oil and pepper. Yum! Then, a spinach salad with a strawberry vinegarette served on the side. A lovely potato soup with sausage and greens would be included too. Then onto the mail course of fried chicken with a side or pesto risotto. For dessert, a deliciously moist and soft yellow butter cake with chocolate cream whipped frosting garnished with fresh sliced strawberries.

I end this post drooling but with the firm determination that this should be my meal served at Thanksgiving instead of the turkey that no one ever really savors.

No comments: