Thursday, January 24, 2008

When are you happy?

Dear Reader,

In the middle of the blahs. I could blame it on the gray skies, the poor work conditions or even my annoying cow-workers but it wouldn't be fair.

Yesterday,I received a call from a friend reminding me that I can't hide forever and I might need to actually expand my horizons.
Jane Powell, the lilting girl soprano of the 40's & 50's, would sing that she too is happy and sad all the time depending on the proximity to her beloved.


"Sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm blue,
My disposition depends on you.
I never mind the rain from the skies,
If I can find the sun in your eyes.
Sometimes I love you, sometimes I hate you,
But when I hate you, it's 'cause I love you.
That's how I am so what can I do?
I'm happy when I'm with you."

A lovely sentiment from a lovely lady. So reader, when are you happy or sad? Does your mood depend on someone else or are you able to rise above the impending hurricane?

Whatever means you use to stay happy, I hope you take time to expand the horizons of your world and find the vanishing points are only an illusion.

No comments: